What is a Build Over Agreement?

If we need to carry out excavation work within 3 metres of a public sewer then we will require a Thames Water (or the local water company equivalent) Build Over Agreement. Thames Water will need to check our proposed plans and ensure they aren’t going to have any adverse effect on their surrounding drains.
We will handle the application on behalf of our clients, but if a Build Over Agreement is required you will be responsible for any fee.  NB – If the drainage on your land only serves your own property, then no Build Over agreement will be required.